8th Annual Arbor Day 5 & 10K Run/Walk -Thanks, everyone, for coming out! We had 242 registered runners!
April 20, 2013 (the weekend preceding Nebraska City's official Arbor Day Celebration)
- A couple of notes regarding the event:
- Day-of registration, Packet Pick-up, Race Bib and Timing Chip Pick-Up will begin at 7:30am at the Whispering Bench/Statue of J. Sterling Morton inside the southeast entrance of the park.
- Street parking in the residential areas surrounding the park is free. A state park permit is encouraged to enter and park within the Arbor Lodge State Historical Park grounds.
- The race will begin promptly at 8:30am.
- Race bibs and timing chips will be distributed on Saturday morning only.
- Please show up in time to pick up and put your bib on before the race begins.
- You have two options for picking up your goodie bags/t-shirts.
- Friday afternoon from 3:30-5:00pm at the NCTC office (806 1st Ave)
- Saturday morning from 7:30-8:15am at Arbor Lodge State Historical Park (2300 2nd Ave)
Our online registration period has closed.
Visit the Official Arbor Day Event Page
I understand running is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter and run/walk the Arbor Day 5/10K unless I am medically able and properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete the run, as well as abide by any recommendation to withdraw from the race or run at a slower pace due to weather conditions. I understand that the weather conditions may be hot and humid and there is a danger of heat-related injury to even death. I assume all risks associated with running/walking in this event including but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, including heat and cold, traffic and the condition of the path. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts, I for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release race officials, and their agents, including the Arbor Day Foundation, Arbor Lodge State Historical Park, the Ambassador Health System, Complete Timing, Nebraska City Tourism & Commerce, the NCTC Arbor Day Committee, the City of Nebraska City, Otoe County, and their representatives and successors from claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my voluntary participation in this race even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named on this waiver.
5 K Route: http://www.runningmap.com/?id=357331
10 K Route: http://www.runningmap.com/?id=357333
Arbor Day Farm Lied Lodge & Conference Center
Relax and be inspired when you stay in our Adirondack style lodge. Special room rate of $109 for Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20. Run participants and their “support” may ask for the Arbor Day Run rate when they call reservations at 800-546-5433. Free parking, free Wi-Fi, and conveniently located next to Arbor Lodge State Park.
Whispering Pines Bed & Breakfast
Our Run and Stay package is for registered runners and includes your Friday night stay, a Whispering Pines signature water bottle, a lighter fair early morning yogurt, granola & fruit to fuel you up before the race. Served with juices, homemade pastries and coffee or tea. No need to worry about race parking, as the race start and finish is just two short blocks from Whispering Pines B&B in Arbor Lodge State Historical Park. After your race, come back to the B&B where you can enjoy a soak in the hot tub, put your feet up and relax on the porch! Or, get cleaned up and go explore all Nebraska City has to offer. Package available 4/19/2013. For more details about Whispering Pines B&B or to book your package online, go to bbwhisperingpines.com.